Discover My Blog - The Liebster Award

   I have been nominated by the lovely Lily of Covet Luxe for the Liebster Award, which helps readers like yourselves discover the person behind the blog. Lily has presented me with 11 questions so I shall do my best to answer them. I hope you enjoy getting to know better through this week's post!


1. Why did you start blogging and when did you start?

   I created my blog in 2015 and made the odd post here and there but I would not say I started blogging properly until late last year when I started university. I started it as a part of my A-Level Creative Writing course but, as I want to be a writer/journalist/PR manager, I want to put my content out there and stand out.

2. Who inspires you to create content?

   In short, the whole blogging community! However, this is not just a question of who but what. I like to look back at my life experiences to inspire content as well as my strengths. For example, I love to write creatively so I might post a poem every now and then. I have also recently started driving lessons so I am going to be sharing my experiences of that, which may be of use to those considering lessons themselves. Lastly, I look at current events to examine what matters to people now. 

3. What is your favourite topic to write about?

   As a huge lover of books, I do thoroughly enjoy writing book reviews. As an aspiring author, nothing gives me greater pleasure than people taking delight from stories I share whether they are fictional or merely snippets of my life like my London Day Trip post. 

4. What is your favourite food to eat at a restaurant vs at home?

   Not going to lie, I do love treating myself to a tasty burger in a restaurant every now and again. Probably one of the best ones I have ever had was from one of Jamie Oliver's restaurants in London. As for home... food is my best friend so this is such a tricky question! Basically, stuff I could never eat on a date like spaghetti bolognese (messy), Chicken Kiev (garlic breath!), BBQ ribs; don't even get me started on that one. I once went for a birthday meal with friends and they all had their healthy salads and veggie burgers. Meanwhile, I ordered an entire rack of ribs. Yes, I did get a few stares. No, I regret nothing.

5. Watching movies at home or at the cinema?

   Nothing beats a movie night in with your loved ones! It could be your partner, your best friend(s) or your family. Unlike sitting in a silent cinema, you can chat to your heart's content, order your favourite takeaway and chill whilst you enjoy each other's company and share your favourite films with one another. What could be better than that?

6. What is your favourite social media platform?

   Twitter all the way! It used to be a tough tie between that and Instagram but the recent algorithm changes have put me off a great deal. There are plenty of blogger chats taking place on Twitter every day where you chat and get to know other bloggers; the community is so supportive and heart-warming - I just love it!

7. Give three tips for bloggers that are just starting out.

1. Be consistent with your content - How often do you want to post? Stick to your schedule!
2. Engage - Get involved with blogger chats, comment on other blogger's posts and tell them what a good job you think they're doing. They will want to show their appreciation!
3. Blog about your passions - If you don't love what you write then neither will your readers.

8. What is your favourite beauty brand?

   At the moment, L'Oreal. I have recently purchased a few nail polishes from them, my ride or die eyeliner and a primer from their infallible range, which can only be described as perfection. 

9. How do you take your blog photos?

   I still consider myself a 'beginner blogger' because I have only recently started posting a lot more frequently so you may deem my photographs as pretty basic. I do agree with you! Until I save enough to buy the camera I want, all of my pictures are taken from my iPhone 5c. We all have to start somewhere right?

10. How do you edit your blog photos?

   I am quite the perfectionist when it comes to my blogger aesthetic so I do want a consistent theme. To edit my photos both for my blog and my Instagram, I use the photo editing app, VSCO, which is pretty popular in the blogging community. It's so much better than the Instagram filters!

11. What is your favourite thing about blogging?

   My favourite thing about blogging has got to be the people I meet. It makes me so happy to read through other bloggers' content and just think, Wow... they're just like me. The supportiveness in the blogging community is just overwhelming. Reading through comments on my own blog posts put the biggest smile on my face and remind me of why I started in the first place.



Now, it's your turn! I nominate:








Of A Glasgow Girl

My questions for you:

1) What inspired you to start blogging?
2) Where do you see yourself in five years time?
3) What are your goals this year?
4) What do you love to do in your spare time?
5) What is your dream job and why?
6) What are three things you cannot live without?
7) Summarise yourself in one sentence.
8) What do you love to blog about?
9) What do you hope to achieve with your blog?
10) Are there any bloggers you look up to?

40 comments

  1. Loved reading through your answers, especially your answer to what inspires you when blogging! I'm a big fan of l'oreal too!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed getting to know me better! I am loving L'Oreal at the moment - they have some lovely new products out!

      Much love,

      Meg x

      Delete
  2. Always enjoy reading posts like this! Loved your tips for blogger :)

    Tiffany x www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! I tried to keep my advice as concise as possible but I believe those are the rudiments of blogging :)

      Much love,

      Meg x

      Delete
  3. awwwww, thank you so much for tagging me <3 i also take photos on my phone and edit them on vsco :)

    www.agnesehadebe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I look forward to reading your answers. VSCO is so good, isn't it? I don't know where I would be without it!

      Much love,

      Meg x

      Delete
  4. I love reading these type of post because now I feel like I know the writer better and I can better relate to them when I read their writing! Thanks for sharing! I would of never guessed that you are a newbie blogger you are doing so well!

    Nikki
    herdaringthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, lovely! That really means the world to me!

      Much love,

      Meg x

      Delete
  5. Great post, your blog pics are fab already x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much; I'm glad you think so!

      Much love,

      Meg x

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for tagging me! Twitter is my favorite social media as well — I feel like I can connect with people much better on that platform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, lovely! I love Twitter so much; I did not go on it for a while because I just did not know what to tweet but, when I got into blogging, there was just so many like-minded people to interact with! There's always something going on in the blogging community!

      Much love,

      Meg x

      Delete
  7. Really like your answers about your blog and I agree that the supportiveness is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how supportive the blogger community is! It's one of my favourite things about it :)

      Much love,

      Meg x

      Delete
  8. Well done. loved the answers you gave

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really loved reading this blog post and getting to know you a little bit more lovely. Thank you for sharing! 🌸💗✨

    With love, Alisha Valerie. x
    www.AlishaValerie.com | www.twitter.com/AlishaValerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed reading this post! You're very welcome and thank you for your lovely comment!

      Much love,

      Meg x

      Delete
  10. Well done on being nominated for the Liebster Award! That's awesome :D

    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's always a wonderful feeling when readers want to get to know you better!

      Much love,

      Meg x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  11. Thank you so much for tagging me in this, I loved taking part and answering your questions. It was so intresting to read yours and get to know you a little better

    Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome; how could I not tag you? You're one of my favourites!

      Much love,

      Meg x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  12. I loved reading this and getting to know you some more! X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw I love reading these posts! I use VSCO cam too and I love it so much ❤🙈

    Ellie
    www.headintheclouds.me.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading them too! VSCO is a godsend; I don't know what I'd do without it now!

      Much love,

      Meg x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  14. I always love reading these tag posts. It's such a nice way to get to know other bloggers! I keep seeing everyone talk about VSCO (because it's been a holy grail since it came out haha), but I have yet to try it! Maybe I'll look into it ;) Great post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend VSCO - their filters are amazing!

      Much love,

      Meg x

      Delete
  15. Loved reading this post! It is a great way to get to know people better.

    Lily | www.covetluxe.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for nominating me, gal!

      Much love,

      Meg x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  16. I'm so glad I am not the only one who takes photos on their iPhone 5c! Xx but your photos have a certain vintage look to them and you wouldn't even tell that they are taken on this phone because they are still gorgeous photos xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, you're certainly not alone there! Thank you so much, I am really enjoying my theme and I try to match it to my blog!

      Much love,

      Meg x

      Delete
  17. Eeekk! I started my blog in 2015 as well :) It's been such an incredible journey. For at least a solid year my iPhone was my only camera option and that's perfectly fine. Some might have stunning crispy magazine-cover style photo but no substance behind. So the balance of both the quality and creativity behind the photos and the content value is key :)
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the answers to these questions, it definitely gives a bit more of an insight to the person behind the blog :)

    Lauren :) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved this post, it allowedme to know more about you and your blog!

    You have a new follower, over here
    With love, Carol xx

    https://owlrightcarol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike other blogs I have read which are really not that good.Thanks alot! Blogged Topics

    ReplyDelete